(★ 聽對話內容) 本週話題焦點:商品採購之定案
(訂購貨品時所遭遇的問題)
Mark and Lisa have just placed their orders and are having a meeting to discuss their experiences. Mark 和 Lisa 剛訂完貨,他們正在開會討論他們的訂貨經驗。 |
Lisa: So how did it go? Did you encounter any problems while you were placing your orders? Lisa:進行得怎麼樣?你訂貨時有遇到什麼問題嗎?
Mark: There was one company that demanded payment terms of 100% TT in advance. A salesman said that it was his company's policy for first time purchases. Mark:有一間公司要求要事先百分之百電匯的付款方式。銷售員說這是他們公司對首次買家的政策。
Lisa: Maybe that was because you are a foreigner. Lisa:或許那是因為你是個外國人。
Mark: He must have noticed my accent when I was speaking Chinese. Mark:我說中文的時候,他一定是注意到我的口音了。
Lisa: Do you think that it will make a difference if I call him back? Lisa:你覺得如果我打回去給他,會有不一樣的結果嗎?
Mark: You can try. I'll give you all of his contact information. How about you? Mark:你可以試試看。我會給你他所有的聯絡資料。那你那邊進行得如何?
Lisa: Everything went according to plan. We just have to wait for the shipment to arrive. Lisa:每件事都照計劃進行。我們只要等貨運抵達就可以了。
Mark: What about payment terms? Mark:那付款方式呢?
Lisa: Most are L/C at sight because they have dealt with our company before.
Lisa:大部分都是用即期信用狀,因為他們之前都有和我們公司交易過了。
Mark: We aren't authorized to accept TT in advance payment terms, so I really hope that you'll be able to negotiate with that company successfully. Mark:我們沒被授權接受事先百分之百電匯的付款方式,所以我真的很希望你能夠成功地和那家公司協商。
Lisa: I hope so, too. Many manufacturers in China require payments of 30% TT and 70% D/P at sight from new customers. Lisa:我也這麼希望。許多中國大陸的廠商對新買家的要求是百分之三十的電匯和百分之七十的即期付款交單。
Mark: Those payment terms are more acceptable. Mark:那樣的付款方式還比較讓人接受。
Lisa: And a lot less risky! Lisa:而且風險也比較低!
重要字詞講解1. encounter (v.) 遭遇;遇到 例:Did you encounterany problems while you were placing your orders? (你訂貨時有遇到什麼問題嗎?) 例:I happened to encounter a man selling lotteries on my way home. (我回家的路上碰巧遇到了一個賣彩券的人。) ※ 小叮嚀: "encounter" 之後可接事物,表「遭遇、經歷」之意。其後也可接人表示「遇到」的意思。 2. demand(v.) 需要;要求 例:There was one company that demanded payment terms of 100% TT in advance. (有一間公司要求要事先百分之百電匯的付款方式。) 例:The suspect demanded to see his own lawyer. (那嫌疑犯要求要見他自己的律師。) 3. payment terms 付款方式 例: What kind of payment terms does the company accept? (那間公司接受哪一種付款方式?) 例:The clients requiredpayment terms of L/C at sight. (客戶要求的付款方式是用即期信用狀。) ※小叮嚀: "payment terms" 指的是貿易往來時買賣雙方所約定的付款方式。在對話中提到的包括有: TT (telegraphic transfer) in advance(事先電匯)、L/C (letter of credit) at sight(即期信用狀)、D/P (documents against payment) at sight(即期付款交單)。 4. in advance 事先;預先 例:If you need me to come tomorrow, please inform me in advance (如果你需要我明天過來,請事先通知我。) 例:The hotel is very popular for weekend break so you might have to make a reservation in advance. (這飯店週末假期時很熱門,所以你或許得先事先預定。) 5. authorize(v.)授權、批准允許 例:We aren't authorized to accept TT in advance payment terms, so I really hope that you'll be able to negotiate with that company successfully. (我們沒被授權接受事先百分之百電匯的付款方式,所以我真的很希望你能夠成功地和那家公司協商。) 例:The board chairman authorized him to take charge of the company. 董事長授權給他來負責掌管公司。)
小試身手 1. This company has never ____ this kind of ____ ____. They should have discussed with me ____ ____. (這家公司從不曾要求過這種付款方式。他們應該要事先跟我討論的。) 2. When the moment that I was ____ to take over this project, I knew I would ____ lots of unimaginable difficulties. (當我被授權要接管這個專案的那一刻,我就知道我會遭遇很多難以想像的困難。)
請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1.This company has never demanded this kind of payment terms. They should have discussed with mein advance. (這家公司從不曾要求過這種付款方式。他們應該要事先跟我討論的。) 2. When the moment that I was authorized to take over this project, I knew I would encounter lots of unimaginable difficulties.(當我被授權要接管這個專案的那一刻,我就知道我會遭遇很多難以想像的困難。) |
|
沒有留言:
張貼留言