(★ 聽對話內容) 本週話題焦點:商品採購之定案 (預備與廠商進行訂購)
Mark and Lisa meet again to discuss who will place what orders with which companies. Mark 和 Lisa 在一次開會討論誰要去哪一間公司下什麼訂單。 |
Lisa: Let's keep it simple. You call to place the orders of shoes for men and boys, and I'll place the orders for women and girls. Lisa:我們讓事情單純一點。你打電話去做男鞋的訂購,而我來訂購女鞋。
Mark: Sounds good. You're a real brainiac! Mark:聽起來不錯。你可真是聰明耶!
Lisa: Come on smart aleck! Lisa:拜託!你真是自以為是耶!
Mark: Okay. I'm sorry. Don't blow a fuse! Mark:好吧,我道歉。不要發火嘛!
Lisa: Okay. Apology accepted. Lisa:好啦。我接受你的道歉。
Mark: Do we already have accounts open with these manufacturers? Mark:我們是否已經有這些廠商的記帳專戶了?
Lisa: Fortunately, we do. Lisa:幸好我們是有的。
Mark: That's great news! Mark:那真是個好消息!
Lisa: Actually, I'm quite familiar with these companies. I have dealt with many of them in the past. Lisa: 事實上,我還滿熟悉這些廠商的。我之前有跟滿多家合作交易過。
Mark: So you have confidence in dealing with these companies. Mark:所以你有信心能和這些廠商進行交易囉。
Lisa: You can never be sure. The business environment is getting riskier and riskier!
Lisa:你永遠都無法保證的。商場的環境可是愈來愈險惡!
Mark: That is so true. One of my buddies placed an order with a company and the deal fell through. His company actually took legal action to get their payment refunded! Mark:那倒是真的。我的一個好朋友跟了一家公司訂了貨,結果交易失敗了。他的公司居然採取法律行動要回他們的付款!
Lisa: That's a real worst-case scenario. Lisa:那可真是最糟糕的情況。
重要字詞講解:1. brainiac (n.) 極度聰明的人 例:You're a real brainiac to bring up this idea! (你能提出這個主意真是太聰明了!) 例:Most parents hope their children can be brainiacs. (大多數的父母都希望他們的孩子會是聰明絕頂的人。) 2. smart aleck 自以為聰明的人 例:Don't be a smart aleck ! (別當個自以為聰明的人!) 例:If you call someone "a smart aleck ", that means he or she is a person who is self-assertive and seems to be more clever than others in an annoying way.. (如果你稱某人為 "a smart aleck",那表示他是一個自以為是、看起來比別人聰明但其實很令人厭煩的人。) 3. blow a fuse 發火;生氣抓狂 例:I'm sorry. Don't blow a fuse! (我道歉。不要發火嘛!) 例:You'd better get out of here before I blow a fuse! (你最好趁我抓狂前離開這裡!) 4. refund (v.) 歸還;償還 例:His company actually took legal action to get their payment refunded! (的公司居然採取法律行動要回他們的付款!) 例:The airline promised me to refund us the price of tickets if the plane didn't take off on time. (航空公司跟我保證要是飛機沒有準時起飛的話,他們會把票價歸還給我們。) 5. worst-case scenario最糟糕的情況 例:That's a real worst-case scenario. (那可真是最糟糕的情況。) 例:The TV show is about how to solve your problems in worst-case scenarios. (那個電視節目是有關如何在最糟糕的情況下解決你的問題。)
小試身手 1. Do you really think he is a ____? In my opinion, he is just a ____ ! (你真的覺得他是個很聰明的人嗎?在我看來,他只是個自以為聰明的傢伙!) 2. You'd better ____ him his money as soon as possible. Otherwise, it will be a ____-____ ____ when he starts to____ ____ ____! (你最好快點還他錢。否則當他開始要生氣抓狂時,那將會是最糟糕的情況!) 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. Do you really think he is a brainiac? In my opinion, he is just a smart aleck! (你真的覺得他是個很聰明的人嗎?在我看來,他只是個自以為聰明的傢伙!) 2. You'd better refund him his money as soon as possible. Otherwise, it will be a worst-case scenario when he starts to blow a fuse! (你最好快點還他錢。否則當他開始要生氣抓狂時,那將會是最糟糕的情況!) 相關實用句型解析 1. 與 … 交易(做生意) sb deal with … 例:I have dealt with many companies in the past. (我之前有跟滿多家廠商合作交易過。) 例:He was to blame for failing in dealing with the supplier. (他因為與供應商的交易失敗而被責怪。) ※ 小叮嚀: "deal with" 另外常見的意思為「應付、處理」。 例:Are you sure you can deal with the problem?(你確定你可以應付這個問題嗎?) 2. 採取法律行動以 … take legal action to + V … 例:His company actually took legal action to get their payment refunded! (他的公司居然採取法律行動要回他們的付款!) 例:They have finally decided to take legal action to avoid the recurrence of adversities. (他們終於決定要採取法律行動以防止不幸再度發生。) 小試身手 1. 與海外的公司交易可不是件容易的任務。_____________________________________________________________________ 2. 如果他繼續騷擾你,你應該採取法律行動以保護你自己。 _____________________________________________________________________ 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. It's not an easy task to deal with the overseas companies. 2. If he keeps harassing you, you should take legal action to defend yourself. | |
沒有留言:
張貼留言