(★ 聽對話內容) 簽署買賣契約
(合約諮詢)
Lucy has found the missing folder on her desk, and she goes back to give it to Ted. They continue their discussion regarding the contract. Lucy 在她桌上找到了那個不見了的文件夾,她把它拿回去給 Ted。他們繼續討有關合約的事。 |
Lucy: Here it is! It was lost in the clutter on my desk. I have to get better organized! Lucy:在這裡!它掉在我桌上那堆雜七雜八的東西裡。我得更有組織點才行!
Ted: No problem! There are a ton of things on my desk that have to be filed, too! Ted:沒關係!我桌上也是一大堆東西等著要被歸檔!
T Lucy: So are you going to have the contract looked over by anyone after you're finished? Lucy:那你完成合約之後,有要讓誰檢查過一遍嗎?
Ted: I was thinking of giving it to one of my Taiwanese buddies to look over. He's a commercial law lawyer, and he'll give me a free consultation. Oh, and his father is a judge! Ted:我在考慮要把它給我的一個台灣朋友檢查一下。他是商業法的律師,而且他會讓我免費諮詢。對了,他爸爸還是個法官呢!
Lucy: It's good to have friends in high places! Lucy:能夠有有門路的朋友真好!
Ted: So true. No one ever quibbles with that truism! Ted:一點都沒錯。沒人會反駁這真理!
Lucy: Are you familiar with drafting lease agreements? Lucy:你知道怎麼撰寫租賃契約嗎?
Ted: No. Why? Ted:不知道。為什麼這樣問?
Lucy: Because I'm going to rent my apartment and I must have the tenant sign a lease. Lucy:因為我要出租我的公寓,我必須得讓房客簽合約。
Ted: I'll ask my lawyer friend if he knows. Ted:我會問問我那個律師朋友看他知不知道。
Lucy: Thanks! You're always so helpful. Lucy:謝啦!你總是這麼幫我。
Ted: Don't mention it! Ted:別客氣!
重要字詞講解 1. clutter(n.) 凌亂的東西 例:It was lost in the clutter on my desk. (它掉在我桌上那堆雜七雜八的東西裡。) 例:Only two people can sit in his car which is full of clutter. (只有兩個人能坐進他那輛塞滿凌亂東西的車子裡。) 2. organize(v.)組織;使 … 有條理 例: I have to get better organized! (我得更有組織點才行!) 例:You should organize your articles into several categories. (你應該把你的文章組織成數個類別。) 3. consultation(n.)諮詢 例:He's a commercial law lawyer, and he'll give me a free consultation. (他是商業法的律師,而且他會讓我免費諮詢。) 例:You'd better decide your thesis topic in consultation with your advisor. (你最好是諮詢指導教授的意見來決定論文的題目。) ※ 小叮嚀: 「向 … 諮詢以 …」可用 "… in consultation with s.b." 4. quibble(v.)爭論 例:No one ever quibbles with that truism! (沒人會反駁這真理!) 例:Don't quibble over the trivial things; it's really meaningless! (別挑剔那些微不足道的小事;那實在毫無意義!) 5. lease agreement (n.)租賃契約 例:Are you familiar with drafting lease agreements? (你知道怎麼撰寫租賃契約嗎?) 例:The amount of monthly payment is stated clearly in the lease agreement. (月付租金的金額已詳細地註明在租賃契約裡。) ※ 小叮嚀: "lease" 本身就有「租約」之意。
小試身手 1. You must get your files more ____! The ____ ____ might be in the ____ on your desk. (你得讓你的檔案變得有組織點!租賃契約可能就在你桌上那堆雜物裡。) 2. He always ____ over some insignificant details. I think he might need to have a ____ with a shrink. (他總是喜歡挑剔某些毫不重要的細節。我想他或許需要與心理醫生作諮詢。)
請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. You must get your files more organized! The lease agreement might be in the clutter on your desk. (你得讓你的檔案變得有組織點!租賃契約可能就在你桌上那堆雜物裡。) 2. He always quibbles over some insignificant details. I think he might need to have a consultation with a shrink. (他總是喜歡挑剔某些毫不重要的細節。我想他或許需要與心理醫生作諮詢。) |
|
沒有留言:
張貼留言