(★ 聽對話內容) 本週話題焦點:選擇購買標的與議價 (最後的選擇)
After numerous hours of comparing and discussing all of the samples, Tim and Karen have narrowed their choices down to only a couple. 在經過好幾個小時樣本的比較和討論,Tim 和 Karen 把他們的選擇範圍縮小到只有兩個。 |
Tim: Wow! I never thought that we'd get through that pile! Tim:哇!我沒想到我們居然真的把這堆東西看完了!
Karen: Yeah. It was really difficult going through all of these samples and comparing them piece by piece. Karen:是呀。要看完這些樣本,而且還要一件一件的比較還真困難呢。
Tim: I'm very satisfied with our last two samples. They are very comparable in price and quality. I guess that it'll all depend on which manufacturer gives us the better deal. Tim:我很滿意我們最後的這兩個樣本。它們在價錢和品質上都不相上下。我想接下來就看哪一家廠商會給我們比較優待的價格囉。
Karen: We can each call one and try to negotiate for a better price or better terms and conditions. Karen:我們可以各打一通電話,試試看交涉比較好的價格或是合約條款。
Tim: Great idea! You can select which one you want to call and I'll ring the other. Tim:好主意!你可以選擇你想要打給哪一個,然後我來打給另一個。
Karen: Wanna make a wager? Karen:想來打賭嗎?
Tim: Sure. Tim:當然。
Karen: Okay. The one who doesn't negotiate the best deal agrees to pay for dinner at an upscale restaurant of the winner's choice! Karen:好。沒有協商到最好價格的人要請另一個人到高級餐廳去吃晚餐,而且餐廳是贏家選!
Tim: You're on! Tim:就這麼說定了!
Karen: I'll call this one in Guangzhou. Karen:我來打給在廣州的這一家。
Tim: And I'll call the other one in Shenzhen. Tim:那我就打給在深圳的另外這一家。
Karen: Let me know after you've negotiated, and then we can compare results. Karen:你協商完了以後跟我說一聲,然後我們就可以比較一下結果。
Tim: No Problem! Good luck at the negotiating table! Tim:沒問題!祝你談判順利!
重要字詞講解:1. narrow (v.) 縮小減少;變窄 例:Tim and Karen have narrowed their choices down to only a couple. (Tim 和 Karen 把他們的選擇範圍縮小到只有兩個。) 例:Just go straight a few blocks and you will see the street narrows into a little alley. (只要往前走過幾個街區以後,你就會看到街道變窄成為一條小巷弄。) 2. piece by piece 一件一件地;慢慢逐漸地 例:It was really difficult going through all of these samples and comparing them piece by piece. (要看完這些樣本,而且還要一件一件的比較還真困難呢。) 例:He is trying to combine the components piece by piece. (他正試著將零件一件件地組合起來。) ※ 小叮嚀: "piece by piece" 另有「逐漸地;慢慢地」之意。 例:She browsed these books piece by piece.(她慢慢地瀏覽過這些書。) 3. comparable (adj.) 不相上下的:可相比的 例:They are very comparable in price and quality. (它們在價錢和品質上都不相上下。) 例:The quality of B&B hotels is not comparable with that of five-star hotels. (民宿的品質是無法與五星級飯店的品質相比的。) 4. wager (n.) 賭注 例:Do you want to make a wager? (你想打個賭嗎?) 例:Do you dare to place a wager of 1000 dollars with me? (你敢用一千元跟我打賭嗎?) ※ 小叮嚀: 「place a wager of + 金錢 / 賭物」為「以 … 打賭」之意。 5. upscale (adj.) 高檔的;高消費的 例:The one who doesn't negotiate the best deal agrees to pay for dinner at an upscale restaurant of the winner's choice! (沒有協商到最好價格的人要請另一個人到高級餐廳去吃晚餐,而且餐廳是贏家選!) 例:There are lots of upscale shops in that newly opened department store. (那間新開幕的百貨公司裡有很多高檔的商店。)
小試身手 1. The restaurant that we went to today is quite ____ with the ____ ones. (我們今天去的那間餐廳和那些高檔餐廳可是不相上下。) 2. Let's make a ____ that they will ____ down the requests ____ ____ ____. (我們來打個賭,他們會逐漸地減少要求。) 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. The restaurant that we went to today is quite comparable with the upscale ones. (我們今天去的那間餐廳和那些高檔餐廳可是不相上下。) 2. Let's make a wager that they will narrow down the requests piece by piece. (我們來打個賭,他們會逐漸地減少要求。) 相關實用句型解析 1. 縮小 / 減少 … 到 … sb narrow … down to + N 例:Tim and Karen have narrowed their choices down to only a couple. (Tim 和 Karen 把他們的選擇範圍縮小到只有兩個。) 例: My financial advisor suggests that I narrow my monthly budget to 8,000 dollars. (我的理財專員建議我把每個月的開支減低到八千元。) ※ 小叮嚀: 此句型可改寫為 "sb narrow down sth"。例:I need to narrow down my options.(我得把選擇範圍縮小。) 2. 依 … 而定 sth depend on ... 例:I guess that it'll all depend on which manufacturer gives us the better deal. (我想接下來就看哪一家廠商會給我們比較優待的價格囉。) 例:Your grade depends on your performance of assignments, quizzes, and monthly exams. (你的成績是依你作業、小考及月考的表現而定。) 小試身手 1. 我們得把這些意見減少到二至三個,然後我們才能繼續討論。 _____________________________________________________________________ 2. 你是否會成功都是依你的工作態度而定。 _____________________________________________________________________ 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. We need to narrow these opinions down to two to three, and then we can move on the discussion. 2. Whether your will succeed or not all depends on your attitude at work. | |
沒有留言:
張貼留言