(★ 聽對話內容) 本週話題焦點:行銷策略與會議報告 (令人滿意的結果) Maggie gave her presentation to the marketing team on Friday, at which time she tried the little piece of advice from Greg. On Monday morning, she drops by his office to thank him! Maggie 禮拜五對行銷團隊做了簡報報告,那時她試了 Greg 給的小建議。禮拜一早上,她經過他的辦公室要跟他說聲謝謝! |
Maggie: Morning Greg! Maggie:早啊,Greg!
Greg: Morning! So, how did your presentation go? Greg:早安!你的簡報進行得如何啊?
Maggie It went very smoothly! Maggie:進行得很順利啊!
Greg: Did you use my little pointer? Greg:你有用我的小訣竅嘛?
Maggie: Yeah! That's why I stopped by your office. I just want to thank you. It really worked! At first, I thought that you were just kidding around and that it was just some kind of perverted joke. Maggie:有!這就是為什麼我要過來你的辦公室。我想跟你謝謝。那真的很有用耶!一開始的時候,我以為你只是亂開玩笑,而那只是個低級的笑話而已。
Greg: I told you that I really meant it! Greg:我跟你說我是認真的!
Maggie: Sorry for doubting you. Maggie:抱歉懷疑你。
Greg: No worries. I'm glad that it worked for you. Greg:沒關係。我很高興那對你有用。
Maggie: Nolan is off to another conference this weekend. I wonder what kind of information he'll bring back this time. Maggie:Nolan 這週末要去另一個研討會。我不知道這次他又會帶什麼樣的資訊回來了。
Greg: It's okay. If he asks you to give another presentation, you'll know what to do. Greg:沒關係。如果他要你再做另一個簡報報告,你知道該怎麼做了。
Maggie: Right! How about you? Do you need to give a presentation to your sales team? Maggie:是呀!那你呢?你需要向你的銷售團隊做簡報嗎?
Greg: That's what I'm working on right now. Greg:這就是我現在在做的事。
Maggie: OH! I'll let you get back to work then. I just wanted to say thanks. Maggie: 喔!那我快讓你回去工作。我只是想說聲謝謝。
Greg: Don't mention it. Greg:別客氣。
重要字詞講解: |
1.advice (n.) 建議;忠告 例:Maggie gave her presentation to the marketing team on Friday, at which time she tried the little piece of advice from Greg. (Maggie 禮拜五對行銷團隊做了簡報報告,那時她試了 Greg 給的小建議。) 例:Do you really think I should take his advice on how to propose? (你真的覺得我該採納他的有關如何求婚的建議嗎?) ※ 小叮嚀: "advice" 為一不可數名詞,所以若要表達「一個建議」,要配合數量名詞 "piece" 變成 "a piece of advice"。 2. perverted (adj.) 低級的;不正當的 例:At first, I thought that you were just kidding around and that it was just some kind of perverted joke.. (一開始的時候,我以為你只是亂開玩笑,而那只是個低級的笑話而已。) 例:He is such a perverted person who always tells nasty jokes. (他真是個老愛講黃色笑話的變態。) 3. doubt (v.) 懷疑;不確定 例:Sorry for doubting you about the pointer you told me. (抱歉懷疑你有關你跟我說的那個訣竅。) 例:I doubt whether he can show up on time. (我不確定他是否能準時出現。) 4. worry (n.) 擔心;憂慮 例:No worries. I'm glad that it worked for you. (沒關係。我很高興那對你有用。) 例:Since she decided to work at home, she had no worries about the problem of traffic jam. (既然她決定了在家工作,那她就不用擔心塞車的問題。) ※ 小叮嚀: "no worries" 為口頭上的慣用語,意為「沒關係、別擔心」之意。 5. mention (v.) 提到;說起 例:A: I just wanted to say thanks. B: Don't mention it. (A: 我只是想說聲謝謝。 B: 別客氣。) 例:I don't think his presentation went well, because he didn't mention any word about it today. (我想他報告的不是很順利,因為他今天完全沒提到有關它的事。)
小試身手 1. If she took my ____, she wouldn't have ____ about the ____ guy now. (如果她有聽進我的忠告,現在就不用擔心那個變態的傢伙了。) 2. I have no ____ about the thing she ____ yesterday. (我對她昨天所提起的那件事完全沒起疑心。) 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. If she took my advice, she wouldn't have worries about the perverted guy now. (如果她有聽進我的忠告,現在就不用擔心那個變態的傢伙了。) 2. I have no doubt about the thing she mentioned yesterday. (我對她昨天所提起的那件事完全沒起疑心。) 相關實用句型解析 1. … 認真的 / 說真的 to mean it 例:I told you that I really meant it! (我跟你說我是認真的!) 例:You had better watch out! When she says she's getting mad, she means it! (你最好小心點!當她說她快抓狂的時候,她是說真的!) 2. 前往 … be off to+N …. 例:Nolan is off to another conference this weekend. (Nolan 這週末要去另一個研討會。) 例:They are off to their honeymoon right after the weeding. (他們婚禮之後馬上就要前往去度蜜月。) 小試身手 1. 每次當她拒絕我時,我都不知道她是說真的還假的。 _____________________________________________________________________ 2. 幾個小時之內,他們即將要前往那個寶藏被藏匿的神秘地方。 _____________________________________________________________________ 請 先 練 習 再 看 解 答 ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆ 解答 1. Every time when she rejects me, I really don't know whether she means it or not. 2. In a few hours, they will be off to the mysterious place where the treasure was hidden. |
沒有留言:
張貼留言